The metal fabrication industry is short of skilled workers, so if you have ever considered welding as a second job or you would like to learn more about this skill, join our group. This hands-on course will teach you basic oxy-acetylene welding and shielded metal arc welding skills. Using state of the art equipment, class work will include joint design, melting points, types of filler metal and electrodes.
This class is being taught by Antonio Siciliano, Certified Welding Inspector. Tony has 23 years of experience instructing apprentice and journeymen ironworkers in basic and advanced stick welding, MIG welding and TIG welding.
The following supplies required for the first night of class (you are not obligated to buy these particular choices):
- Auto darkening welding helmet
- 14″ Mig Gloves – Blue Side Cowhide or 4″ Leather Cuff Split Deerskin Kevlar Sewn Tig Gloves
- Jackson Safety 3004761 Nemesis Cutting Safety Glasses Black Frame / IRUV 5.0 Shade Green Lens (19860)
- BSX Flame-Resistant Welding Jacket – Black with Red Flames (optional)
- Leather work boots preferably 6″ or 8″.