These courses are designed to help you achieve your MA hoisting license. Each course will cover all of the information needed to prepare you for your written test in one of the following grades*: 1 Hoisting, 2 Excavating or 4 Specialty.
If you already have your hoisting license, these courses will satisfy the mandatory continuing education requirements for license renewal. The requirements are 4 hours for each class (1, 2 or 4) of your license. Each course which will cover all of the current laws, rules, and requirements as well as the OSHA regulations for renewing your license.
These courses will be taught by Mike Florio, former training director for the Operating Engineers. Mike has been an instructor for 12 years at the Western MA Coalition for Occupational Safety and Health.
*Grades of Hoisting License
Class 1 Hoisting:
- 1A – Derricks / Lattice Cranes
- 1B – Telescoping Boom with Cables Cranes
- 1C – Telescoping Booms without Cables and Forklifts
- 1D – General Industrial Warehouse Fork Lift Equipment
Class 2 Excavating:
- 2A – Excavators
- 2B – Front End Loaders/Backhoes
- 2C – Front End Loaders/Uniloaders
- 2D – Compact Hoisting Machinery
Class 4 Specialty:
- 4B – Drill Rigs
- 4C – Pipeline Side Booms
- 4D – Concrete Pumps
- 4E – Catch Basin Cleaner
- 4F – Sign Hanging Equipment
- 4G – Specialty Side Boom Mower